Welcome to Secycone National Hackfest, A competition designed to test your computer hacking skills and problem solving abilities against your fellow University, Polytechnic Undergraduates from all across Nigeria within a fun and friendly environment.
Secycone consists of a series of challenges – where participants demonstrate their technical ability.
The Secycone is where every team will have a list of challenges in different categories like Reverse Engineering, Web Security, Digital Forensics, Network Security and others. For every challenge solved, the team will get a certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the challenge. The team who will get the highest score at the end of the day will be the winning team.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Secycone 2019 competition is for students across all tertiary institutions (polytechnics and universities alike) in Nigeria – to compete in tackling a fictional cyber catastrophe. The contest is designed to accommodate all levels of skill and experience, but more importantly, the contest is a fun challenge which anyone can play and it doesn’t require a whole lot of commitment or advanced skills.
- To participate, you need to register a team of 4-6 students representing a University.
- It is absolutely fine to have multiple teams representing a University. You are allowed to have ONLY 1 professional on your team i.e. In a team of 5, it is okay to have 4 students and 1 working class professional on the team. In a team of 6, it is okay to have 5 students and 1 working class professional on the team.
- The contest is in 2 phases – an ONLINE qualifying phase and the finals (onsite).
- Upon qualification, Top 10 Teams will be selected to compete at the finals.
- Registration starts 25th May, 2019
- Registration ends 10th August, 2019
- Online Qualifiers will be between 30th August, 2019– 10th September, 2019and the top 2 teams per zone will be invited for the Onsite finals on 16th October, 2019 at the Conference Venue.
There are no software requirements but if you have never played a hackfest before then installing Kali, Burp, and Metasploit will be enough to get you started
Secycone is designed to accommodate all levels of skill and experience, but more importantly, Hackfest is a fun challenge which anyone can play and it doesn’t require a whole lot of commitment or advanced skills.
Some of the challenges you can expect to come across include:
- Clientside Ownage
- Web Applications
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering and Binary Analysis
- Basic Exploit Development
- Basic Forensics
- Unix Insecurities
For more inquiry or question about Secycone 2019 Live hackathon, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org